Well, two days left here in the USA and they are going to be
packed full of last minute prep and packing…lots of packing. Trying to
determine what to pack is proving to be a bit more challenging than when I
traveled to Europe in high school. Calgary weather is similar to
Wisconsin/Midwest, so scarves, layers, fuzzy socks, boots, and lots of warm
clothes. The hard part is deciding what to not pack and just waiting to get it
once I get up there. So far the “wait-list” consists of: books (which are
already ordered), daily hygiene items and a blanket/pillow.
Not much is left in the way of preparing for traveling, thankfully!
I just have to print out the paperwork that customs might need and make sure
I’m organized enough to find the papers when needed.
I just can’t wait to finally get up to Calgary. I’m excited and
nervous all at the same time. My roommate arrives on January 12th
and orientation is on January 8th, so I’ll have a few days to settle
in, unpack, and familiarize myself with the campus and surrounding area. The
easiest way to explain how I’m feeling is it’s like when I was getting ready to
leave for Marquette freshman year.
Classes start Monday, January 12th and I only have one
class that day, which is weird since I’m used to having three to four classes a
day. Tuesday will be a bit different as I have about six classes and only a few
breaks.
I still can’t believe that in two days I’ll be in Calgary!
Bittersweet moment as I’m super excited to get there but sad to leave and spend
a third semester away from Marquette and my families (Marquette and immediate).
@marquetteglobal

Hey Amanda,
ReplyDeleteYour time at home flew by...it doesn't seem like you've been home for six weeks.
You'll have a great time in Calgary/Canada; it'll be an awesome experience. Have fun...and looking forward to reading your blog.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you and proud of all your accomplishments!! Wishing you a great time and God Bless!!! Love you!!!
ReplyDelete